Additive is the portfolio site of Jaume Mora, an art director and graphic designer based in L.A.
Since he was young, Jaume would dedicate most of his time to creative projects that would allow him to express himself through fun activities. He had a natural talent for drawing and illustration. This eventually led to pursuing a degree in Fine Arts from the University of Barcelona, another in Animation & Interactive Design, and finally, a Masters in Graphic and Digital Design from the Media Arts Institute in Barcelona.
He spent 10 years in the trenches of the Digital Media industry working as a versatile designer in virtually every medium he could get his hands on. He had the chance to work with some of the top directors and creatives at the best studios and agencies in the industry as well as with many leading companies like Nike, Microsoft, Disney/Pixar, Converse, Konami, Nickelodeon, and Verizon amongst many others on high profile web, video and print campaigns.
Having been a video game lover since he was very young, around 2010 Jaume started thinking about a change. In the following two years, he split his efforts between the digital media and the games industries and by 2012 he decided to switch and start applying his skills and expertise on Ui and visual design for video games where he has worked ever since at companies like 4mm Games, Gameloft, Insomniac Games, and Blockade Games on both mobile as well as AAA games for PC and consoles.
His work is featured in games like Zombiewood, Ice Age Village, Cars: Fast as Lightning, Spider-Man Unlimited, Outernauts, Sunset Overdrive, Ratchet, and Clank PS4, Edge of Nowhere, Feral Rites, Spider-Man PS4, and the upcoming PC title Neon District.
Jaume’s multidisciplinary training and strong creative and strategic thinking skills allow him to work across media and deliver fresh, innovative, and engaging solutions for any project he is involved in. He’s always striving for excellence in his work and continuous search for the next challenge.
Download PDF resumé here.
Sixteen years creating experiences for world-class consumer and video game brands.
My career has been shaped by a multidisciplinary education and the drive to become the best professional I could be on every milestone that I hit. This has led me to gain expertise in a wide range of disciplines like art direction, design, illustration, animation, photography, and, recently, undertaking filmmaking.
Combining strategic thinking, creative concept, user experience, and design with a deep understanding of visual language and technology allows me to carry any project from ideation to execution, turning complex ideas into sophisticated and entertaining experiences. I’m always looking for a challenge that will allow me to develop my skills as a creative and push the standards and boundaries of any medium that I work in.
I have always had a knack for teamwork. I thrive in building and nurturing teams and talent, being a pillar on which colleagues can rely upon and look up to for direction as well as keeping myself humbled and surrounded by people who can teach and challenge me allowing me to continue curbing my skills and knowledge day after day.
Games Developed or In Development.
DRIFTERS (Blind Squirrel Games – in dev), NeonDistrict (Blockade Games), Spider-Man PS4 (Insomniac Games/Marvel/SONY), Edge of Nowhere, Feral Rites (Insomniac Games/Oculus Rift), Ratchet and Clank PS4 (Insomniac Games/SONY), Sunset Overdrive (Insomniac Games/Microsoft), Outernauts (Insomniac Games), Spider-Man Unlimited (Gameloft/Marvel), Cars: Fast as Lightning (Gameloft/Disney-Pixar), Zombiewood (Gameloft). Alli SK8TR (4mm Games – canceled)
Nike, MeUndies, Endless Entertainment, Gemini, AFI, Rexona/Degree, Impulse, Converse, Droid, Verizon, Nickelodeon, American Express, Alli Sports, 4mm Games, Konami, Nokia, Capcom, Comcast, Audi, Volkswagen, Panasonic, F.C.Barcelona, Rhino Records, La Caixa, Visa, Mitsubishi Electric, Match.com, Chemistry, Montesa-Honda, Dewar’s, amongst others.
Multidisciplinary design: On & Offline. Art Direction. Ui & UX. 2D Animation. Motion Graphics. Production. Illustration.
Game Art/Design: Game Design, Concept Art, Character creation, Backgrounds, Animation, Pixel Art.
• Lead Ui/Ux | Blind Squirrel Games — 04/2019 – present. Ui Art & Ux Direction, building teams, supervising Ui and Ux development for both Original IP and Work for Hire projects, brainstorming, high-level concept design, and art dev/implementation for AAA titles on both PC and Console video games.
• Art Director | Blockade Games — 05/2018 – 02/2019. Art Direction, Animation Direction, Ux/Ui Direction, Brand Direction, bridging between marketing and dev teams, building teams, brainstorming, concept design, and development for the Mobile and PC original IP video game Neon District.
• Sr. Ui & 2D Artist | Insomniac Games — 10/2013 – 09/2017. 2D/Ui lead artist & designer, brainstorming, concept & art development/implementation for Mobile and AAA original PC and Console videogames.
• Ui Lead Designer / Sr. 2D Artist | Gameloft — 04/2012 – 09/2013. 2D artist/Ui lead, brainstorming, concept, and art development/implementation for original Android/iOS Mobile videogames.
• Sr. Designer & Art Director | R/GA — 01/2011 – 04/2012. Art Direction, brainstorming, concept development, user interface, and interactive design on integrated websites, microsites, rich media advertising, online marketing, and email campaigns with high-level design for large-scale national and international consumer brands.
• Sr. Designer & Art Director | Digitas — 10/2010 – 01/2011. Art Direction, brainstorming, concept development, user interface with high-level design for international financial and consumer brands.
• Sr. Designer & Art Director | McGarry Bowen/Continuity — 09/2010 – 01/2011. Art Direction, brainstorming, concept development, user interface with high-level design for international consumer brands.
• Sr. Designer & Art Director | 4mm Games — 05/2010 – 12/2010. Art Direction, brainstorming, concept development, user interface with design for the company’s corporate website and the PC, Console, and Mobile original videogames.
• Sr. Designer | IndustryNext LLC – UvLayer — 04/2009 – 04/2010. Design Lead, brainstorming, concept development, user interface, art direction with design for the company’s internal projects and a variety of international clients related to the company’s products and projects.
• Senior Designer | Hanft Raboy & Partners (freelancer) — 03/2009 – 05/2009. Concept development, art direction with high-level design for international consumer brands and entertainment industry clients.
• Senior Designer & Art Director | HTTPcomunicació — 09/2006 – 04/2008. Art Direction, brainstorming, concept development, offline design and production for print, interactive design on integrated websites, microsites, rich media advertising, online marketing, and email campaigns for large-scale national and international consumer brands.
• Designer & Teacher | IED instituto europeo di design — 09/2006 – 09/2007
• Senior Designer | McCann Erickson – Momentum Worldwide — 09/2005 – 09/2006
• Designer & Direction Assistant | OFFF BCN — 02/2005 – 06/2005
• CEO & Art Director | Limón — 04/2002 – 02/2005
• Designer & Art Director | additive — 09/2008 – Present
• Universitat de Barcelona. (UB) – Spain BA in Fine Arts / Design.
• Fak d’Art – Mediart Institute – Spain Animation & Interactive Design Grade. Master in Graphic & Interactive Design.
Professional References upon request.